Monday, January 16, 2006

MySpace Blog 20060117

Wasted Energy!?!?!

Topic for tonight? Come on. You know it’s going to be about women! LOL. So here’s the scenario. I’m up in a club in the Ville having an alright time and I end up meeting these two sistas. They seem cool, so I’m dancing with one of them (and both, at times). The night ends and I break a fundamental rule of mine: DO NOT GET PHONE NUMBERS IN CLUBS! Yes, folks, I actually DON’T go seeking phone numbers in clubs. I had a stalker a while back and that was one too many. In any event, I let the haze of jack and coke dull my senses for a hot minute and ask this sista for her math. She’s a little reluctant but I insist (man – no more drinking for me). I get the number but I send her text messages instead of actually calling. This seems like no big deal to me since texting has become my latest drug. Well, we have a few exchanges and finally she sends me a message that says, ”I gave you the number for you to call me.” I was like, ”oh snap! That’s right! I’m fucking up!” I decide to call. I preface the conversation with ”is this a bad time to talk” and she tells me that she’s got to call her mom shortly and has a few minutes to talk. I swear. I should have RUN FOR THE HILLS at that point. We have a ten minute conversation that was like pulling teeth. You ever have one of those conversations where it’s like a question and (short) answer session? I asked her where she was from in response to something she said. She replies, ”don’t you remember? I told you in the club!” I’m like, ”that was over a week ago and I was also tipsy” (to myself). The conversation went down hill from there. I felt like I was trying to carry the conversation the whole time. If she didn’t want to talk, she could have simply said so.

I don’t know what the title of this blog will be, but it should be WASTED ENERGY!!! I went through my phone today and the other day to delete WASTED SPACE. There were quite a few folks that will NEVER be called again, so OUT OF THE PHONE and OFF OF THE COMPUTER they went. Then I got on Myspace and deleted a few ”friends” and deleted a few other folks off Facebook. I was on a roll, reclaiming my energy! LOL. *sigh* It’s later in the evening/morning and now I’m watching Happy Days & The Cosby Show. I can’t decide if I want to be white bread or toasted white bread. I find it curious how ”Happy Days” stayed on so long while maintaining a token black every other 30 episodes! There must have been no blacks in Milwaukee. Shit, an alien came from Ork and he couldn’t even be black. Well dang, no sooner said than done, here’s a token black guy.

Back to the subject. Folks. . . RECLAIM YOUR ENERGY!!! Don’t get phone numbers in clubs!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha. . . .


Dat’s My Nagin! (Topic Change)

Okay, Ray Nagin has got to be the funniest mayor on the planet. I thought some of the antics of Philly’s Mayor Street were interesting, but Ray wins the award. Not only does he say that Nawlins will be a ”chocolate” city by God’s will. If that’s not enough, we should know that ”God is mad at America” which is why He has sent so many hurricanes.

Now, that could be enough, but NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Instead of just sticking by what he said (i.e. no need for a crazy explanation), he decides to explain his statement this way. (paraphrased) What he meant was that if you mix dark chocolate with white chocolate, you get a tasty chocolate drink. Huh?!?!?!?!?

Ray, the statement wreaks of racism, even though I know what he was TRYING to say. We need to recognize that, if a white mayor had made that same comment (with the obvious substitution of whites instead of black), the NAACP and about 4 other permed-hair brothas would be bitching on Larry King!!

Anyway, I hope New Orleans will be rebuilt BETTER but inviting to all populations of people. New Orleans doesn’t get all of its flavor from the black community. You’ve got french influences, spanish influences, african influences, and a mix of everything in between!!! It’s a true gumbo!!!! Let’s not mess up the taste.

No comments: