Monday, August 29, 2005

MySpace Blog 20050830

Get It, Got It, Good!!!

So I’m procrastinating heavily today and downloading (legally) music. I pick up J-Live’s new album ”Hear After” and some tracks by Jhelisa Anderson. I just love iTunes! Meanwhile, I’m coming across some jazz and decide to check out my stuff on CD that I haven’t put on my ipod. What do you know? I have some Herbie Hancock stuff (e.g. ”The New Standard” and ”Return of the Headhunters”) that I forgot about that was really good. So, off to the ipod it goes. Then I’m going through my Cassandra Wilson. Damn, I have good taste (I’m thinking). I pop in ”New Moon Daughter” first and then ”Traveling Miles” and discover some stuff on each that need to be on the ipod. Now, I’m back on the hip hop stuff. J-Live’s album has me hooked. I love this cat. I find two ”homemade” (burned) CD’s that people gave me: Z-Trip’s ”Shifting Gears” and Danger Mouse & Jemini’s ”Ghetto Pop Life.” WOW!! Both albums yield some tight jauns, so they’re on the ipod now. We’re on a roll!!! I manage to come across Lady Bianca’s ”Best Kept Secret.” I forgot all about this. I bought this CD way back when on a hunch and it was nice: some blues and acoustic stuff. Blamm, on the ipod. I’m off the blues and jazz and hip hop and find some soul stuff on iTunes. Who should catch my ear but N’dambi. I heard some of her stuff before but didn’t really give a good listen. So, now I’m digging ”Little Lost Girls Blues” and ”Tunin Up and Co-signin.” That leads me back to Fertile Ground and their ”Black Is” and ”Spiritual Warfare” albums. I’m spent. . . and so is my bank account.

Now, I’m laying in the cut digging the tracks and all that!! I need to do some work, but I feel like my muse is calling me to write a few verses!! I might do that!!!

Get it, Got it, GOOD!!!!

All iz peace!

No comments: